Middle Watch, Swavesey.. Description
View taken from Gibraltar Lane looking towards Boxworth End. On the right are York Cottages, then Gibraltar Lane. The row of four cottages was taken down in 1969 and 72 and 74 Middle Watch were built. Next to the cottages is a detached house. In the 1891 census it was the home of a local thatcher, John Hodson and his wife Rosetta and their eight children. There appears to be very little separation between the road and the footpath when this photograph was taken. Street lamps were in use and telephones had arrived in the village. J.S.
Date of coverage1900-1910
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.