Sign in front of the new MG Owners' Club headquarters in Swavesey.. Description
The marble mosaic sign that was donated Oxford City Council in 1992 after being saved by them in the late 1960s from the floor of the original Morris city centre store. Although not visible in this photograph, the Morris Garages motif was encircled by an octagon. This was the first time this logo was used by the company and is dated to 1926. The initials MG comes from Morris Garages because the first MGs were modified Morris cars. At the time the photograph was taken, the stone was positioned just inside the MG Owners' Clubs new building at 1 Over Road, Swavesey. R.M.
Date of coverage1992
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.
Search by date