The Rev Henry Isaac Sharp vicar of Swavesey from 1863 to 1884.. Description
The Rev. Henry Isaac Sharpe was appointed Vicar of Swavesey in 1863. He was the first vicar to live in the new vicarage built in 1865. It was reported in the Cambridge Chronicle on the 22nd December 1865, that the Vicar had provided a supper at the Chequers Inn for the 22 workers employed building the vicarage to mark the roofing in of the new house. After the flood of 1875 he was chairman of a committee set up to obtain grants from the Mansion House Relief Fund. Grants were received from the fund to help those poor families who had suffered badly in the floods.He moved away from Swavesey in 1884 and became Vicar of Little Downham. J.S.
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.
Search by date